Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lisa - Boho Dreams

Hello! Lisa here, and today I have a couple of creations made using Kaisercraft's Boho Dreams Collection to share with you. This is probably my favourite range from the past few months-- kind of hippy, kind of funky-- I love it. :)

First up is a layout using an older picture of my daughter which I thought fitted perfectly with the feel of the papers: she was dressed in faded blue denim, with a woven 70s-style headband and long, loose hair.


I used a sheet of plain white cardstock as my base, and then added some of the Wild paper. I made use of both sides-- the floral pattern and the polka dots on the reverse as well, adding my photo to the centre to cover up the join. The phrase on the right is from the sticker sheet (I cut it up to fill the space better), and the clusters of feathers are fussy-cut from the Feathers sheet of paper. Some washi tape, a banner tag from the Collectables, and some touches of metal in the form of filagree trinkets from the Artfull Embellies finish the page off.

A closer look is below:


My second project using this range was a canvas. It's a different shape to what I usually work with: long and narrow, and I wanted it to be simple and striking. I started off by using 3D Gloss Gel to stencil a background design (using a Tim Holtz stencil.) The blue colour was a happy mistake-- the stencil had some traces of blue mica spray still on it from a previous use, and it transferred to the clear gloss gel and dried that lovely aquatic shade. I bet I couldn't recreate it again even if I tried!


Once the background had dried, I then added a selection of Collectables, rearranging them until I was happy with the composition before finally gluing them into place.


I added three little wooden beads to the edge of the "shine" collectable, and a variety of sizes of bling gems scattered over the rest of the canvas.

And that's it-- done! I really like how it turned out, and the long, narrow shape was fun to work with for a change. 

You can find the Boho Dreams Collection online here, and also instore now. As always, thanks for looking, and I will see you again soon. 

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment