Saturday, May 7, 2016

Lisa - Old Mac layout

Hello there! Long time- no blog postings from me, I know. My apologies, and I'm totally going to blame it on the fact I've been busy working in the shop, selling pretty papers instead of crafting with them. :) However, I do have some layouts to share over the next week or so, and first up today is one I've made with Kaisercraft's farm/country-themed range of papers: Old Mac.



I absolutely love the Rusty sheet, so used this as my starting point - it adds a great dimensional look as the base to the rest of the layout.  I wanted to highlight a variety of different textures, so tried to use a selection of items to achieve that. I added a few splatters of white Tim Holtz ink, and then put my photo in the centre, layered with some paper doilies in two shades of brown slipped underneath.


I then added a piece of hessian fabric, topped with one of the Collectables tags, with some brown & white twine tied through the top.


Lastly, I added a Prima paper rose and a couple of contrasting leaves,  to add a little bit of femininity in amongst all those masculine colours. :) The very final touch was to add a border of raw string around the entire layout, held in place by Tim Holtz tiny attacher staples. (You can see it in the top photograph.)

And that's it! Such a fun range to work with. Thanks for looking, and I'll see you again soon.
Cheers,
 Lisa :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Lisa. The background looks so real, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betsy. :) Yes, the background is amazing-so very effective!

    ReplyDelete