Thursday, March 17, 2016

Juanita - Design Team - introduction

Hi all!
I am really excited to be on the Artfull Crafts Design Team.  I am also part of the ArtfullCrafts staff, working there since 2009  Or should I say I have been a customer since 2009 as my wages go right back in the shop.  I am sure that is why they still keep me around lol.

I am originally from Los Angeles California and moved to Temuka 27 years ago when I married my kiwi boy Calvin.  We have two fur babies Oscar a Dalmatian and CJ Pusspuss Patrick our 15 year old Tabby cat.



I started scrapbooking about 12 years ago and that of course has lead to card making , project life layouts, mixed media projects, making mini albums from scratch and I love coloring with my copic markers so much so that I own 216 markers ouch!  Don't tell my husband lol.



Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from pictures I take and believe me I take so many photos.  I love finding the right paper for the picture.  I also love looking at Pinterest and different blogs for ideas. I enjoy looking at Gabrielle Pollaco and My Sisters Scrapper on you tube, where before I know it, I have spent 2-3 hours.




What are your favorite brands?
My favorite brands are Graphic 45 (although I'm my of a collector as the papers are way to pretty to cut) Simple Stories, Tim Holtz, Prima , Imagine If chipboard and of course Kaisercraft .



What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
My scissors, tape, Tim Holtz ruler and my copic markers. As I mentioned before I have over 200 of them.

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
I am going to try and be more adventurous and not be a perfectionist lol.  I have to be willing to get dirty and use more sprays, gels and pastels.
I must say doing Finnabair's class in March took me out of my comfort zone and opened my eyes to a whole new world of  mixed media projects.  I loved it even though my bank balance might not.



No comments:

Post a Comment