Saturday, November 28, 2015

Christmas Layouts with Sharon

Hi everyone. Hope you are enjoying your last weekend of November. What that means of course, is that its ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!

Only a few days and those of you keen to start your December Dailies can start taking photos and recording memories of December 2015.

Today I am sharing with you a couple of layouts I have made in preparation for the silly season. (I always get super busy over December in the lead up to Christmas, and often my best laid plans are put aside and I end up with no layouts done for Christmas) This is a great way to get some layouts done quickly. I use this concept frequently in my scrapbooking, especially if I am inspired particularly by product, but don't have the correct photos "just now". I find it quite liberating to make a layout with no expectations on the embellishments or papers matching the photos. ( I think I have mentioned this before )

So, with out further ado....

This layout is using papers from the Prima Victorian Christmas line.
I love the gold foiling on this paper. It is very subtle, and just adds a little pop of glitz and glam.
This page will house a photograph taken of my tree once I get it put up (tomorrow I hope!!!)
I have layered lots of papers up and added a little bling reminiscent of christmas lights. In the background I have used my favourite texture paste, and stamped with Tim Holtz Distress inks in the background using a pine tree branch stamp.



The second page I am sharing is using papers from Graphic 45 "A Christmas Carol"
I cut the middle out of this large busy background paper here saving the elements from the background to use on another project. I placed this cut frame onto a neutral background from my stash, and added a bit of texture to the background.
The intention is to use two photos here in a collage.....a larger photo in portrait orientation under the man and up to the  corner assemblage, with a smaller photo (3X4) which will tuck under the flowers on the left.

When designing pages without photos in hand, it is important to have some photo "blanks" to use in areas of your design and design around them accordingly.




Thats it for today.... hope the weather is not too wild for you wherever you are, and that you can set aside a little time for crafting. I urge you to have a go at preparing some Christmas layouts in advance. You never know....you might just enjoy it!

Cheers
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment