Friday, July 25, 2014

Lisa - Be-YOU-tiful layouts

Hello hello! Lisa here once again, with another couple of layouts to show you. This time, I used another of the July releases from Kaisercraft: the gorgeous BeYOUtiful range. These papers feature lovely bright colours, shabby chic textures and lush florals, and are just fabulous to work with.



My first layout uses black cardstock as a base, and features a selfie. I really loved the wording on the left- "let your faith be bigger than your fear"-- because I had to have minor surgery recently, and this was a timely reminder to myself that if I took a deep breath and put my big girl pants on, everything would be fine. (and it was. :D) I paired the words (cut from the Delightful sheet) with a selection of patterns from some other papers in the range, picking colours that roughly matched the floral element. I tore the edges a little to add a bit of contrast to the straight edges of the photo. A couple of Collectables, some flowers, a touch of bling and gold ribbon, and it was done. 

A couple of close up shots below:


 

The second layout uses kraft cardstock as a base, and features another of the floral designs from the range on the right - the Captivating sheet, which is gorgeous. I used a favourite black and white shot of my daughter, and again, paired it with some of the other patterned papers, torn edges providing a nice contrast. Including a few hand-torn strips in various patterns on a layout are a great way of adding variety without any particular pattern being too dominant, I think.


Along the bottom of the page, I went a little embellishment-crazy-- because, why not? :D It's a fun way of using up bits and pieces you might have left over from other projects, and even if all of the elements are from various ranges and/or manufacturers, if you stick to a loose theme/colour scheme, everything usually fits together pretty nicely. Just play around adding and removing/repositioning things until you're happy with how it looks. Sometimes I'll leave everything sitting in place overnight and then look at it with fresh eyes again the next day, just to see if I'm still happy with the composition before I finally stick it all down. Nine times out of ten it works out for the best, and if not, well, chalk it up to experience! :)

Again, I've included a couple of closer shots below:



And that's it! BeYOUtiful really is a lovely range to work with so check it out in the shop, and I'm looking forward to seeing what wonderful projects can be made using it. :) As always, thanks for looking, and have a fab day!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment