Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lisa: Now Boarding mini album & layout.

Hello again! Lisa here with a couple of projects I've made using the lovely Now Boarding range from Kaisercraft. It's a fabulous travel-themed range, perfect for all those summer holiday snaps and/or winter getaway photographs. :)

The first thing I've made is a mini-album featuring some pictures from a family holiday we took at Kokopu Cottage in Akaroa-- a gorgeous place that I can most definitely recommend if you're after a break away from the rest of the world-- no tv or phone, but plenty of blue skies, greenery & peace & quiet. Absolutely blissful. :)

 I handmade the front & back covers of the mini album from cardstock, cut down into 6x6 size, & then covered with some of the papers from the range: Boarding Pass (on the front cover) & Cabin Crew (on the back cover, not visible here.) Around the edges of each cover, I used travel-themed washi tape for a bit of contrast. :) The front cover is decorated with a quote from the Sail paper, & some of the stickers from the speciality sheet.



On the inside of both the front & back covers, I used some of the Ephemera paper as a half-pocket to slip travel memoribilia in: ticket stubs, tags tied together with baker's twine, maps, brochures-- all those little bits & pieces that seem to accumulate whilst travelling. (at least if you're me, that is!)


The pages inside are decorated with photos from our trip, along with tags, stickers & Collectables from the range.  Everything is in lovely neutral colours, so will blend with pretty much anything which I love. :) The album itself is held together with a single bookring in the corner, so it's very simple to add more pages if needed or wanted. I really like the idea of adding more holiday snaps throughout the year, ending up with a nice chunky book of memories to have on hand forever. :)


The second project I made with this range is a layout-- in circle form, which is something I hadn't tried before. :) I've got plenty of round format photos, thanks to my instagram obsession, so it was fun combining them with the Compass paper.


As layouts go, it's pretty simple & features a few of my current favourite things: circles, arrows & hand-drawn elements. While not of exotic locations, the photos I've used are all somewhat travel-related: the open road, wide open skies, local country lanes, & the main street here in Timaru as well. :) As nice as it is to go somewhere new, sometimes there really is no place quite like home, right?


And that is it for today! I hope that you are all having a great summer, & have been happily creating masterpieces of your own. :) Don't forget about this month's challenge theme: Summer & Sunshine! There are plenty of great prizes to be won, so why not give it a try?

As always, thanks for looking, & have a wonderful day!

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment