Monday, November 25, 2013

Melissa - Christmas Cards & Kaisercraft Tea Break

Hello!  Can you believe its one month until Christmas today!!!

Today I'm sharing three cards and a tag that I made with a selection of product that each of the Design Team were given as a challenge.

Here are my cards:


I decided to make them on kraft card stock, as it went really well with the tones of the product.  The only thing I added from my stash were the red gems.  Here are each of the cards close up:




I'm really happy with how they turned out!

This month I was given some of the lovely Kaisercraft Tea Break.  I attended our annual Queenstown Scrap Camp earlier in the month, and it was awesome to meet Liz and Sharon (fellow DT member).  I was really inspired by Sharon's fabulous work with mixed media, and she challenged me to use some Gesso on my layouts.

Tea Break is such a beautiful feminine range, and I especially love the modern sayings paired with vintage imagery.

The first layout shows my kids with their cousins last Christmas, wearing brand new aprons.  Of course we had to make them pose for a photo!


On this one I painted on some gesso behind my photo, I love the subtle texture it adds.

The next layout is me with Sam when he was about 3 months old.  I look really tired in the photo, because well, I am!  I love to scrap everyday moments, and this is an accurate portrayal of a first time Mum with a new baby!  On this layout Sharon encouraged me to stamp directly on the wet gesso.




You can purchase Tea Break in the shop here.

Thanks for looking, all the best for your Christmas preparations, and see you again soon!
Melissa x

3 comments:

  1. Yummy Tea Break thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Melissa! The cards are lovely & your layouts are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Melissa. I love them all

    ReplyDelete