Saturday, September 21, 2013

Beck - Santa's List, Curiosity, September Challenges

Good morning ladies!  I would have been here to talk to you sooner, but I just had to watch the America's Cup races this morning... very distracting!  

Now, back to the task at hand...  I have HEAPS to show you today.  Firstly, I have had a bit of a play with the new September range, Santa's List and one of the new Beyond The Page projects, Christmas Countdown.  Such fun!  I love the fresh bright colours in this range, certainly very 'me'.  Look at that cute little gingerbread angel on top of the tree!!!


And then I had a play with one of the August releases, Curiosity.  It is just GORGEOUS. This month's theme is Floral Fantasy, so I decided to show you a little trick I use sometimes to make flowers for my layouts.  Roughly hand cut a circle from your patterned paper, then cut a spiral into your circle (see below)



Once you have your spiral, start curling it by rolling it in your fingertips, starting from the outside and working your way into the middle.


When it's fully curled, let it go, and it will 'bounce back' into a cute little spiral flower.  Put a glob of glue just inside the bottom of the spiral, and pinch the flower with your fingers for a couple of minutes until the glue starts to hold.  Then you just need to find a cute place on your layout or card to put them!


I have left these ones plain, but they look great with a little bit of Stickles around their spiral too.  

So here's the finished layout...  I love this photo, it's one of me and my Mum, on our way to Scrapfest in Nelson last month.  The Curiosity range really lends itself to lovely floral layouts... I have done some fussy-cutting from some of the patterned papers to add more floral layers to the layout, as well as making my own spiral flowers.  This is a really great way to ensure your flowers match perfectly with the colours on your layout, just stick to the same paper range, and you are guaranteed success!


Sticking with the Floral Fantasy theme, I decided to finally have a play with one of the super cute Julie Nutting Doll Stamps that I bought last month, using the offcuts and leftovers from my Curiosity layout.


One very quick and easy little project, and a great way to use up your scraps and leftovers :)

Ok, my final project to show you is hot off the press, started last night at Midnight Madness at the shop, and finished this morning with my typewriter... My take on the September sketch:




I only used one photograph rather than the two suggested on the sketch, but that is the beauty of a sketch, it's there to guide you on your way, but you can put your own spin on it, any way you like!  I have used some scrummy Glitz papers, a bit of modelling paste with a Finnabair mask, and some super cute alpha stickers from Amy Tangerine.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out :)

Well, that's about enough waffle from me... have a great weekend ladies, me thinks it looks like great weather for crafting today (what a shame!).

Catch you next time, I'll be back on the 7th...

Toodles, Beck x

2 comments:

  1. Love the details on your layout. It's very special that you were able to share Scrapfest with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have been busy and created some beautiful projects!! I would have loved to have attended Scrapfest, will have to aim for next year. Love the way you decorated the Xmas tree, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete