Friday, February 15, 2013

Jo Johnson - Today is Extraordinary

Hi Jo here, with my latest project for Artfull Crafts.  I am lucky to have two beautiful daughters Alysha and Samantha, (and Aly's boyfriend Jason), who are only to happy to stand in front of the camera (years of being made to), so when they had the chance to do a steam punk shoot, they both knew that they would be popular with their mum.

I am using Forget me not, Queen bee page from Kaisercraft for this layout.  I decided to use an embossed card stock for the mat of the photo.  This meant embossing two pieces of card stock, as I used an A2 embossing folder from Sizzix.



Once I embossed the card stock using Sizzix Bingo and Patchwork folder, I then cut and joined the embossed parts, to make a mat for my 4x6 photo.  I have lifted the mat pieces top and bottom, so you can see where the joins are on my layout.  Sticking these down properly (which I will now do) will ensure you cannot see them.  I then played with white ribbon, metal pieces from Graphic 45, and cogs from Tim Holtz, then I added some Kaisercraft Forget Me Not collectibles flowers and leaves, and the word moment from below. 

I added extra layers, including a acetate flower that was from a pre-printed Kaisercraft forget me not beehive sheet.  I cut out the acetate flower using tattered flowers die. I also cut the little bee from the same page, and the crown in the picture below. 





A few little additions gave more depth to the layout. I hope you enjoyed.  Now how about getting some of those embossing folders, and acetate sheets, and having a play.  Enjoy your week.   

 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment