Monday, December 24, 2012

Sandy - Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine Layout


Hi it's Sandy. Today I want to share my tip for scrapping non-holiday layouts using christmas papers. My example will be this Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine page about my cousin-in-law's wedding.



Here's how I work with three christmas-themed papers :

First I choose a Crate Paper B-side. It's large arrow pattern in tone-on-tone cream will lend graphic interest to my background. Then I transform the regularity of an Echo Park woodgrain doily paper by cutting it into little rectangles. This allows me to selectively crop out any Santa or Christmas tree images. Lastly I used the  random scatter of an MME ledger paper to create more unstructured snippets for the page.


The design of my page is a simple visual triangle. It's base is that long line of journalling placed on the left to anchor the columns of rectangle frames. I strategically justified my title so the 'r' forms the tip of that triangle. This movement towards the apex is also reinforced by direction of the background arrows and of the bride's gaze.


Hope you're convinced that holiday-themed papers can be pretty versatile and that you'll try your hand at scrapping non-christmas photos with them. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas !

 
Supplies : Crate Paper Sleigh Ride White Christmas, Echo Park  (This & That Christmas Wooden Nickels, For the Record 2 Handwritten), MME All Is Bright Collage, Making Memories Gem Collection, Smash Date Stamp, American Crafts Flakey Thickers

No comments:

Post a Comment