Thursday, December 20, 2012

Jo - Forget-me-not abstract frame

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas, as this is my last post for Artfull Crafts before Christmas is upon us.  No snow again this year; I am forever hopeful.

I was quite taken with the Forget me not collection that I received for my next challenge.  I decided that it would be the basis of my next off the page challenge, Abstract memory frame.  Great news for you though, it is on special at Artfull Crafts, so make sure you click on the link, and go and add one to your cart! 

As you can see it is pretty involved project.  I didn't want to put photos in it, I thought it had more possibilities as a quote display board, one of my last presents to make.  I painted the board edges first, and although you cannot see it here, I used metallic copper paint, on all the edges and then Kaisercraft paint on the top 

I started using the Forget me not paper collection, Which I measured and cut to fit all the different boxes. 
Then it was playtime. I had all the wooden embellishments in my stash from SENZ, I also used resin embellishments that I made,  Kaisercraft blooms, a variety of stamps, some bling, and Kaisercraft tags.  I stamped using black ink, on left over bits of paper, and then matted those on brown card stock.  I also used quite a few items from Kaisercraft collection embellishments.  I also used a few dies for making embellishments such as the Sizzix bird and cage, and the dress from the sewing room set.  
I have taken a photo of each section, so you can see what I did.












I hope you have enjoyed, and thank you for stopping by. Thanks for all the great comments.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I hope that 2013 is wonderful and of course full of great crafting opportunities.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment