Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jo Johnson - Scrapbooking - Butterfly kisses

Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to get a set of the new Kaisercraft range Butterfly Kisses.  This is a very bright and happy range, so I hunted out this photo of my niece, which had some pinks and blues in it and then I went for fun!


I decided that this layout was going to be for Helena to be able to copy the technique (she is now 12).  I used pre made embellishments from the sticker sheet, and some ready made flowers.  I used Websters Tulle ribbon around the striped paper, then used a punch to get the decorative edge. You can use decorative scissors if you do not have a punch, or you can use a a Spellbinders edge die or something similar, or whatever works for you or your child.  Then I added the little bird sticker from the Butterfly kisses range, at the top right and a few flowers, some butterflies, and then in the bottom right, some flowers, some bling and tulle and a tag.


This is the 2nd layout from the same Butterfly kisses collection.  I wanted to use the same idea, but I wanted to make the embellishments, except for the flowers.  I started with some basic purple card stock and then added the purple spotted sheet Giggly, which I distressed and inked the edges with versamagic chalk ink, but you could use a distress ink.  I layered a few bits of paper and then mounted the photo on purple card stock and distressed again.  I then inked a wooden window embellishment from Kaisercraft embellishment range, then adhered it to a small piece of paper, then  I adhered that to the side of paper. 

I used some Websters ribbon flowers along the bottom of the photo and then slipped some heart doilies that I picked up at the markets in Melbourne. I was going to spray them but decided on leaving them crisp white.  I cut some leaves from Sizzix tattered leaves (which I creased and inked) and cut the vine with leaves, then layered some purple shades of flowers. (Some were flat flowers that I layered and tucked in to the bunch, and some were dimensional flowers).  I inked the flourishes, and then added some tulle, some stickers from the collection and tucked an acetate clock that I cut from a Kaisercaft acetate sheet to the top right.  I slipped a tag in to the top ( I used a manilla tag but you can cut your own or use this sizzix die) for jounalling.  I added a little flourish wooden bird to the top, which I left plain, a few bits of bling and some sticker butterflies that I pop dotted.

I hope you enjoy the bright colours and don't forget to see the whole COLOURFUL range of Butterfly Kisses in the online Kaisercraft shop at Artfull Crafts.

1 comment:

  1. Love these LO's, just gorgeous... love the richness of colour in both :)

    ReplyDelete