Monday, July 23, 2012

Lisa sharing a Suitcase made using Kaisercrafts' Check in range...

Hi Everyone. Lisa here - today I am sharing a fun little project I made using Kaisercrafts' Check In range.
I loved this range as soon as I saw it... that is the case for me for most of Kaisercrafts' ranges!
I also new as soon as I saw it that I was going to make a suitcase. You know how sometimes paper just screams a certain project at you. Gosh, I hope you know what I'm talking about...lol


I made the suitcase from an A5 card. I made the template up & it was extremely simple to come up with just with a ruler & pencil working with 1inch edges then going from there.
This for me is a purely decorative piece. It would be an ideal gift for someone going away as a farewell gift.



I used papers from the 6 1/2 inch paper pad to decorate the case. I inked all the edges to give it a finished & worn look. The handle was made from a scrap of the A5 card. I embellished with some pearls, a tag & a cute little pewter aeroplane charm I had in my stash.



Some close ups of what's inside....
I filled the suitcase with some collectables, some letters, maps & boarding passes etc from the paper pad, a little folder I cut using a die for the itinerary, some flowers, a cameo, a shell, some ribbon,a stamped camera, a key, a coin. Basically lots of little bits & pieces - to make it look like a traveller has collected treasures along the way.


This project is quite apt for me, as it will be one of my last posts for Artfull Crafts. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the DT with a fabulous group of ladies. BTP projects are a particular favourite of mine - as are lots of little bits and pieces. So, a suitcase full of sweet little bits and pieces bidding farewell.

Lisa :-)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Lisa - so creative and I think it woul dmkae an amazing gift!
    Lowrri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lis, I'm not going away anywhere soon, but can I have it? PLEASE!!!!!! I love it!!! You've done a beautiful job - especially with all those little extra bits inside.
    Well done. Luv Sandie

    ReplyDelete