Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sandy - Liz Mini Book

It's Sandy sharing my handmade gift idea today. It's a little mini-book created by folding one piece of A4 paper. The book is held together by gluing down the accordian-fold spine. I added the stitching as an embellishment and made a slip-cover for it.



Mine has a theme similar to the Gratitude Album Lindsey showed you this week. I spelled out a Thank You message across it's ten inside pages.


This project combines many things I love :
  • paper construction
  • playing with fonts
  • layering embellishments

 

If you'd like to try your hand at making one of these, I'll be posting the tutorial on 20th December. In the mean time look in the Christmas Store for a 'hardworking' paper. One that has a variety of patterns, colours and designs. You can add photo booth strip-sized pictures with a couple of journal labels and have a mini-album completed in a hurry.

  

Supplies : Creative Imaginations Ooh La La (French Patch, French Scroll, Parisian Border), Basic Grey (Curio Alpha sticker, Bling It), Making Memories ( Journalling Stickers Whimsy, Clear Glitter Shapes Red Pink, Jigsaw Shapes Red Pink, chipboard buttons black & white), MYLYB Cardmaking Sentiments Rub-ons, Scenic Route Sumner Label, Heidi Swapp Center of Attention chipboard alpha, snap buttons, baker's twine, jute, tooth pick

4 comments:

  1. Words fail me Sandy - it's STUNNING!!
    I can't wait to see the tutorial

    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's stunning! You can come and see it in the shop soon Lowri! Thankss Sandy for the lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in the Shop and I was blown away by it!! So Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous Sandy! love the papers & the little box is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete