Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lisa - Oh Miss Nelly it's Springtime! A Layout & Dress forms to share.....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here, with some spring themed projects to share featuring Kaisercrafts beautiful Miss Nelly range. I liked this range instantly when I first saw it. Since playing with it,  I love it.

First up I have a layout of my daughter.

 



I have used Miss Nelly, 'Her style' as the background paper. I then used a large panel of the gloss sheet 'Her Scent' as the central piece. I made mats for the photos & a punched border (using the Martha Stewart doily lace punch) on a scrap piece of  purple paper.  After placing my photos I attached my floral arrangement from the sticker sheet. I wanted the flower stickers to sit up on the page so I gently rubbed talcum powder on the adhesive side to remove the stick. This allowed me to apply the sticker using dimensional tape. The alpha stickers are also from the sheet. I used Stickles 'frosted lace' to highlight areas of the flowers. The large pink flower is made using seam binding ribbon with a Sparklet in the centre..Too cute! Other items used string, die cuts, ink for edges, tags & pins.





Some close ups of the flowers & the hidden journal tag....







Next up today is the gorgeous Kaisercraft Dress forms that I got to dress up, this was lots of fun!





 
 

 
After painting my first dress form I used Miss Nelly 'Her Smile' to create a dress. Paper doilies for the dress trim, some seam binding ribbon, flowers, pearl strands & she was complete...until I decided she needed a little something extra...then came the parasol!






My second dress form is a little bit more vintage looking, this dress form is a more open slat style. I decided to keep it a little more stylish & simple. After painting the dress form, I stamped it using a resist technique, using versa mark watermark ink with a floral stamp, I then brushed with chalks to create a slight floral print where I had stamped. I then stamped a script stamp using brown ink on a piece of old dressmaking pattern. I used this old pattern for the dress which I stuck to the reverse of the form.  I used lace for the dress trim, flowers, seam binding, pearl strands and a piece of a rhinestone flourish to decorate.

Thanks for popping by, I hope I have given you some inspiration.

Lisa





































8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Lisa. Your dress forms are very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Lisa, the layout is gorgeous, love the layered flowers under the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Love the dress forms. They would be so fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! Miss Nelly is a splendid range! :-) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Lisa - I love Miss Nellie as well. The dress forms are gorgeous. Great to see your work Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS LO Lisa and those dress forms are so pretty.
    Did I say the LO was gorgeous??
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Miss Nelly is a great range. The dress forms are super cute!

    ReplyDelete