Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Traveling Showman ~ Shirl

Good Evening Scrappers!

I really love the Kaisercraft range "Velvet Ensemble" so I went thru my photo stash and found one of my favorite photo's of my Dad...
This photo was taken on my Dads 21st Birthday, he's holding a beautiful old "Gibson" guitar which he got for his birthday....He really was a "Traveling Showman"... he toured Australia for my years with other great Australian artists...Country Music was his life, he brought happiness to many people with his music.
He had many guitars over the years but his favorite was his "Gibson"
He was Australia's answer to Johnny Cash and sang many of his hits, Walk the Line, Folsom Prison Blues & Jackson.


It was a fitting tribute for my Dad, that at his funeral in 2005, my Uncle (Dads brother) played the Gibson & sang Folsom Prison Blues along with the whole congregation, it was very emotional, and very moving, but just perfect for my Dad...
I miss him so much and some days when I'm feeling a bit low I can drag out that old Gibson from under my bed, have a bit of a play and I can hear him singing along with me.....

Edit by Lowri

The Velvet Ensemble Range is due out in June - so it is a treat for us to see Shirl's LO already!
You can see the full Collection on the Kaisercraft website - and we will let you know as soon as it becomes available for purchase from the shop!

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS LO Shirl - this range is just perfect for photos like this.
    Fantastic to hear more of the story behind the pictures too..
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete