Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Scrapping with Guest Artist - Cassie Box

Hi Everyone - hope you are having a great weekend

Weekly Round-Up

This week we have featured some more great ideas on the blog. We had some gorgeous LO's and an Easter Box from Tina and a glue clean-up tip and Recipe Box from Lowri.
Don't forget to check out all the details relating to our Challenge this month - you can win a spot on the Design Team for a Month. You can find all the information as well as our monthly sketch HERE.

I am really excited about this week's Guest Designer - what's not to be excited about when you see gorgeous creations like these!



SUNDAY SCRAPPING
Guest Designer - Cassie Box

Cassie lives in Kansas City, Missouri and she is a super-talented all-round crafter. There were so many fantastic banners, calendars and other bits and pieces on her blog - I didn't know where to start! Cassie also started the fantastic blog - Paper Issues.  It is a site where you go to share your projects and work and to get some great inspiration from others too! Make sure you take a look -there are some really inspirational ideas

Cassie has been kind enough to answer our questions and share her 3 fave projects with us.
Make sure you scroll down too to see some more fantastic examples of her work!

How were you introduced to scrapbooking?

I have been scrapbooking for as long as I can remember! I can remember having a giant scrapbook with tickets in it and tons of stickers. I remember so many stickers! My mom was crafty so I grew up in a very crafty environment.

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards? 
I am not a typical scrapper so when I see "junk", I think...What picture could I put that with. I have been known to add ice cream carton tops to my layouts...anything! I think the more stuff you add, the better!
Boys Layout
My first layout is my fave of all time. It is my son. it was the first time that I felt satisfied with a layout.
What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I make more banners than anything. I started selling them on Etsy and in a little shop here where I live and I am busy from the time I get up until I get the kids from school.

What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?

Right now, Echo Park! I love the quality of their papers and the colors are so easy to work with.
Reagan Banner
The Reagan banner is my absolute favorite banner that I have made!

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
Ink and pop dots.

What is your current favorite technique or embellishment?

I love punches. I could add a cloud or a butterfly to everything. For real. When in doubt...add more sequins. They make everything better.
"Not Your Typical Family Layout"
The "not your typical family" layout is more like me now. I love that it is so random and unique...like me
.
What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
This year, i want to do more for me. I am always making things for others, which makes me happy but I am SO far behind on my kids' layouts.

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
There are no rules. Do what you want to do. Don't let anyone tell you that you have to have one style. Glue things the way you want to glue them.

Do you have a blog?
Oh yes! I love blog friends! www.somethingfromcassie.com

Thanks so much Cassie for answering our questions. Take a look at some more of Cassie's fantastic projects below and be sure to visit her blog where there are heaps more ideas.







 

Thanks again Cassie!
Stay tuned to the blog this week - heaps more inspiration coming from the DT..
Lowri :-)

11 comments:

  1. I love all these projects!!! The Boy's and Family pages are gorgeous but I'm also tickled by the Sewn Here project- very very cute! Great feature of a fun and whimsical paper crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the green and yellow banner in the first photo GORGEOUS!!! Off to your blog to see if theres more pics of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..your work sure puts my simple projects to shame...been to your blog and added it to my googlereader...look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "family" LO is so flippin' cool! I love Cassie's work - this is a great segment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...these are fantastic! Love the diversity in Cassies projects, all with such wonderful details. Off to visit her blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Work Cassie....Those Banners are the Best!!!!!! We love you Cassie!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love every last bit! but 'let's spoon' is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cassie rocks for sure! I think the wreaths are divine and need a place on my front door!LOL...she has a fab knack for putting patterned papers together in a special way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How inspiring to read more about your Cassie. Haven't seen your LOs before so I must say I love them

    ReplyDelete