Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tina - Some flowery things to share!

Hi everybody, Tina here!
In keeping with our theme of "Birthdays and Blooms" at Artfull Crafts, I thought I'd post a few pics for you.  The first is a card or photo holder ( I haven't decided which yet) using Kaisercrafts Recipe Box.


I used K & Company Que Sera Sera papers, Creative Imaginations rub-on, Prima bling, and lots of flowers, some of which I have spritzed with Glimmer Mist, or applied Stickles, or Diamond Dust.
I will place some photos in the 'windows' once I get them printed.  This project took around 6 hours to make, but I do love how it turned out.

I was using up my scraps with this layout.    It is based on a sketch/recipe from a challenge blog (but I can't find which one, so if you know please leave me a message so I can give them credit)
I made a flower from a strip of muslin, folded in half, using a running stitch to gather it.  I added a button to the centre.  Other flowers were made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, I stamped on one with pink ink.

 I hand-dyed a doiley using Glimmer Mist, and used this as a flower with part of my title as its centre.  Dyeing it gives a different look than just spritzing the doiley.  I usually do a batch and dye doileys, old lace, and seam binding.

My next layout is my DT project for Scrappassion Challenge Blog International where we had to make a monochromatic layout with at least four photos.   
There's prizes to be won, by either joining the challenge, or by becoming a follower, so head on over to the blog after you've checked out my pics.
I used a Martha Stewart punch, and I coloured almost everything with Glimmer Mist (I'm sure I told you I love that stuff!)

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow the recipe box is gorgeous...beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you've used lots of glimmermist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I am so impressed how you create such classy layouts and BTPs with glimmermist etc. When I try to use it like you do, it just looks like a dogs breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Tina - love the fact you have used blue with the girls layout!!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete